Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Come right out and tell them. If they only want to vent and not solve their issues, tell them that you don't want to be their emotional punching bag. As silly as it sounds, suggest screaming into a pillow. But if they begin to release their "negative energy" on you, cut them off and tell them you're sick of it. If you feel bad about it, then suggest ways that the person could fix it. You deserve their attention if they demand yours.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Come right out and tell them. If they only want to vent and not solve their issues, tell them that you don't want to be their emotional punching bag. As silly as it sounds, suggest screaming into a pillow. But if they begin to release their "negative energy" on you, cut them off and tell them you're sick of it. If you feel bad about it, then suggest ways that the person could fix it. You deserve their attention if they demand yours.

Junior Member TotallyUnexpected's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

For some reason I attract everyone's venting of negative energy and I want it to

stop. How do I? My wife, her best friends, my best friends, my mother, and strangers online all want to vent their aggression/frustration on me but I can't handle it any more. None of them want to solve their problems, they just want to blame other people for their issues and they just want to "get it off their shoulders"; but there's an occupation that was created to "vent your anger" to them and it's called therapy... How do I tell people that I love I no longer want to hear about their problems if they don't want me to try to solve them for them... Watching people struggle is one thing, but watching people struggle and having to hear about it without giving feedback is another; I don't want to do either, but if people aren't going to fix their issues, I'd like to take the lesser of the two evils...

Downloads
    Uploads
    im that person too,, they vent then if i give my two cents that they dont like they dont like then i say well you asked for it....