Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

So I HAVE TO SCREAM....help? Please? Help!?

I have severe tourette's syndrome, and lately I've been screaming every couple of minutes. Literally, like somebody was trying to kill me. Except I scream whenever somebody burps or sniffs or coughs. And I don't want to leave their company--it's my family I'm around. But it is pretty weird, and in stores I sometimes just fall over and have to thrash around like I'm having a seizure...people in public REALLY STARE. I am a teenage girl who looks normal and thinks normally (maybe I enjoy science more than your next girl, but still) and I am left to deal with this physical condition that makes me act like somebody who is literally severely retarded...I don't know what to do. I am so sick of it!!! We are going from doctor to doctor to doctor for my Tourette's...but the social thing---help? I'm basically hanging in there as we try medication after medication and thing after thing to get rid of this...It is driving my family and me nuts!

Downloads
    Uploads
    so I also have tourette syndrome. But i don't have it as bad as most people or as bad as you. But i can only try to help by telling you what i do on days where it gets out of control. Try to concentrate your mind on anything. I like to do crossword or sudoku puzzles because then it gets my brain occupied on something else rather than trying or trying not to move around. Or you can get involved in something. I was diagnosed with tourette syndrome when i was 7 years old and have been dancing since i was 3. Dance has been my one and only escape from Tourettes. When i would do it, i would NEVER tic. dance consumed me and made all my problems go away including tourettes. Try to find different things and maybe if you grow to love it as much i did, hopefully it will help. I really hope this helps or you can at least get the medication to work. I do know how you feel. it's not all the time for me, but there are days we're i just don't sit still and it doesn't stop. like now i've been having tics that actually hurt, and i can't stop. I wish you the best of luck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i think Brine answer is great. hang in there. you were created for a wonder- filled life.