Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Since God knows what will happen beforehand, why does He then complain about sin?

After all, He KNEW that Satan would sin before He created him; God could have chosen not to. He KNEW that Adam and Eve would eat from the tree; He could have not made the tree, put it beyond their reach, kept Satan out of the garden, not made Adam and Eve, etc. ALL of those things were under HIS control! If He doesn't like the results of His OWN DECISIONS, why blame US??? And I know, somebody's gonna say "free will". Well, if God wanted us to have free will and He knew we were going to sin if we got it, why gripe about it afterwards? If I baked a cake and I put in ingredients that I KNEW beforehand would ruin it, what right would I have to complain about a bad cake when I knew that was gonna happen? It certainly wouldn't be the CAKE'S fault... I'd be an idiot to blame the cake!

Downloads
    Uploads
    But you have more than one layer of the cake and the layer that turned out great with the right ingredients would be set upon a nice cake plate with icing and admired. He's not whining , He's letting us choose our ingredients, whether to serve Him and have faith, mercy and grace as our ingredients or choose to have sin, pain and death as our ingredients. For a long time I chose what I thought of as the easy, fun way but I finally headed to this still small voice that was calling me and I knelt down at a alter in a small country church and gave my heart to God and my life has never been the same. He added those special ingredients I needed to make me whole, and I thank God for His mercy and grace and Jesus who shed His blood so that I could be saved from this world and the wrong ingredients that I was taking in from it. And what I thought was fun, I see as foolishness now. We do have freewill to choose what we do and say and believe, don't blame it on God that people don't control themselves because they can if they want to , through Him and His Son, Jesus Christ we can be whole..

Downloads
    Uploads
    when has God ever complained about anything.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Its the act of doing the right thing. Yes he knew we would sin, that doesn't displease him any less when we do it. He created humans, not little Gods. He knows we are not perfect.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, logic, you are a wonderful thing.

:]

Downloads
    Uploads
    he gave us free will, it is our own fault we sin. we sin because its our nature, and God has the right to judge and complain beause he is perfect.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you need to take a different slant on this whole picture because yours is rather tilted and OFF balance here!

1) God is perfect and because He is perfect He can not tolerate sin in the least degree.
    2) Man currently is Imperfect but has an eternity to grow, learn and yet become like God <"be ye therefore perfect even as your Father which is in Heaven is Perfect." - this is therefore attainable at some point in an eternal perspective.
    3) Christ bridged that gap between God's perfection and our imperfection through His infinite and atoning sacrafice which brings justice, grace, love & mercy together in perfect harmony for mankind so that we have HOPE of returning to God's presence after all.
    4) There is an Eternal Plan to all things and we are a part of it... to
    come to earth, gain a body, learn through trials, utilize our gift of agency to choose God and overcome the flesh and be on the path of faith and endure to the end.... all part of that plan.

So you are seeing the lemons but not the lemonade. You see the glass as half empty where it is really half full.... this life as negative and hopeless where in reality it is purposeful, glorious and of eternal significance - man as sinful, bad and doomed where in reality we are of eternal value & worth to our Heavenly Father who loves us all and wants us to all return to Him again one day as we learn to know & love and follow Him.

God doesn't complain about our sin nor blame us for our imperfection. HE Knows that there is a grand design to all things and what we learn and WHO we become by the time our journey here ends is what matters most.

Senior Member NoChanceWithoutJesus's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    would you like to supply a quote?

You can choose to sin
    And you can choose to repent or remain a sinner
    That's what makes YOU responsible.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is He complaining or explaining? He warns us many times to protect us. He tells us that our sin causes death. He let's us know what will hurt us. The rest is up to us.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Despite the facile answers from the fundies, this question has vexed theologians for 2K years

You know, theologians? people who actually THINK about their religion? (unlike fundies)

There is no good answer that can reconcile free will and God's claim to omniscience.

However my mom made similar claims to omniscience but was still pissed when I broker her rules She claimed to know in hindsight that I would do it as well