Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Capital One Fixed Rate = Lies? Can I file a complain against them?

I received a letter from capital one telling me that a major change on my terms. So immediately read it and find out that my 8.9% fixed apr is now rock to 29.9%.

I never had any late fee, delequent payment, and my minimum is always been a 4x more everytime I sent my payment.

This accnt supposed to be close 1 year ago, till I found out last August 08 that it was still open. So I called them AGAIN and tell them to close it they keep transferring me to a different credit officer till they sweet talk me about the fixed rate for 8.9% IF I cashed the check that they will mail me. So, I thought hey it was a good deal so there I go cashed the check the moment I got it.

So the question is, can I file a complain against them? if yes, where and how??

Thank you to all that will answer.
    I forgot to add also about my credit score, will this affect me? **I called them up and didnt turn good that the credit officer I talked to was very rude and hangup on me after returning the same favor *rude*
    I have a credit score of 745 I'm sure that drop since we are buying a house. I called them today and telling them that I am declining that new terms and working on paying the entire balance of prior on closing the account. before the actual "Do you Agree on the terms and condition line" the credit officer I was dealing with hangup on me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The older you credit the better, so closing an account is hardly aver a good idea. Just don't charge anything on the account and pay the balance in full to avoid the interest charge. Threaten to close your account again and they should offer you a lower interest rate without you needing to borrow more money. If you don't get what you want from one phone teller, hang up and try another.

Keep your documentation to dispute it. Try the Better Business Bureau.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The older you credit the better, so closing an account is hardly aver a good idea. Just don't charge anything on the account and pay the balance in full to avoid the interest charge. Threaten to close your account again and they should offer you a lower interest rate without you needing to borrow more money. If you don't get what you want from one phone teller, hang up and try another.

Keep your documentation to dispute it. Try the Better Business Bureau.