Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What do I do abot a screaming 18 Month old baby?

She never screamed before she started hanging out with another child who does it. She does it for different reasons. It is a horrible scream, she does in public and everything. How can I break her of this. Covering her mouth, bop her on the mouth, hot sauce. I want her to stop, I can't stand it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    my son went though that....i would grab his arm if we were out and public...get a good grip on it...so they know ur mad.....and look him right in the eye and say no thats enough......if we were at home...i would move him to were theres no toys no nothing.....sit him down and do the same thing...he got out of it fast...he didnt like what i was doing it was like it insulted him!!!lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    HAhaa.. Funny. My kids do all kinds of crazy stuff i cant stand either. Either say "no" she'll get it! Or just leave the room.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have an 18 month old who screams on occasion. Don't smack her or give her hotsauce! That is terrible. Tell her No firmly. The art of distraction is a wonderful tool for babies. Give her something to look at and hold when she starts screaming. Pick her up and take her outside to look around. Give her a toy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Same thing happened with my daughter. She too picked it up from another baby. We used to just pop a binky in her mouth when it started. She was allowed to run and scream as much as wanted on the play ground or at the park. But when we were inside, we would remind her to use her indoor voice. I think since she had an outlet for her screaming outside she was able to have better control over it. And I would just keep reminding myself that it was just a phase, and the less reaction I gave, the sooner it would go away.

At eighteen months they don't really understand punishment yet. There is not much that you can do until they are 2. Which is right around the corner. I would recommend that you get the book 1-2-3 Magic before then. It was recommended by her doctor and was a life saver for getting through the terrible twos and even worse threes.