Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Atheists, for those of you whine have read the bible...?

Did you find it INCREDIBLY BORING to get through? I'm reading it now for research purposes. And for the sake of knowing the argument of opposition. I'm currently on Samuel 1. But I am being board to tears with this awful book.

How did you get through it?

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's because the bible isn't for research kid. The bible is suppose to be for empowerment, truth, and the word. When I read the bible I see the world and feel it more vividly. If your doing it for logical research of course it would be Boring sir. But I happen to believe in God. Maybe if you want to do some research you should go research How evolution created male and female. Out of one cell. That would be interesting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't read it. I find myself reading the same paragraph over and over and it just doesn't register.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You are like someone who wraps their lips around an exhaust pipe and tells people driving is boring.

The first book off a printing press is not some cheap dime-store novel. It is not like any book you have ever read in your life. It is the most powerful of God's creations. Many souls have and are currently being killed just for holding the book you are reading. You are holding the most banned book in the history of mankind.

Would you like to have the scripture come to life for you? REPENT! You could be standing before God Almighty tomorrow for all you know. And when you stand before Him the book you call "boring" will be the only book that counts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    you are board? enough said genius. James 4:7 God Bless

edit- LOLOLOL @ desiree, thanks for proving why atheists are dimwitted morons.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally I've only read the NT. It's quite a good read if you are a bookworm, and there's plenty of good advice in it. I really like a few of the sayings, like "Judge not, that ye be not judged" and "Throwing pearls before swine"

However, do know that it's only stories and not history.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a voracious reader, and will read anything from packets of breakfast cereal to the densest of novels. And in my life , there are only two books that I have discarded before finishing them because they were so desperately awful. One of those books was 'Spycatcher' by Peter Wright; the other was the wretched bible.

By the way, you've done well getting as far as you have. I only ever got about 35 pages in before ditching it.

Junior Member StormtheBastillet's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It helps if you're baked.