The reason I am asking this question is because my mother keeps complaining that I spend too much time on the computer and internet. First of all I do not believe in internet addiction, but I would really appreciate some advise on the subject.

I spend alot of time on the computer for Communication. I AM ALSO A COMPUTER TECHNICIAN and at the same time I also study COMPUTER related subjects (networkin, hacking, security, server administration etc). It is really difficullt not to use the computer BECAUSE it is related to my job and my studies (I am over 18). There are times when I do not want to use the computer, but I have to because of the above reasons.

Of course I do some occasional gaming, but not much, and normally only during holidays.

Based on this would you (yahoo answers community) classify me as being addicted to the internet?
If not how am I supposed to make my mother understand that I have to use the computer as it is mostly required for my studies? (I cannot avoid using a computer If I actually study and work with computers).

Please Advise
Thanks
Dean