Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is my grade good enough? why is my parent complain about it?

Ok, so today I received my grade report and I got one "A" and 4 "B", but my parent are not happy about it, because they are always complain about it and want me to get straight "A" every time they see my report card...So do you think that this grade is ok or not and yet I tried my hardest...DOES YOUR PARENT COMPLAIN WHEN YOU GOT "a" AND "b" OR YOU NEVER GOT LOWER THAN AN "a"?

yes my parent are Asian lol wtf is wronge with Asian parent, but they are kool still...

Downloads
    Uploads
    just tell them you did your best and it could've been 4 d's so be happy with what you have and no, i've always gotten a's and 1 b but your grades are still very good!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Your grades are good. However, you hit it when you said something about doing your best. Is that your best or could you have worked a bit longer on homework and done better or studied a bit more? If it is not your best, then maybe they complain because of that. They want the best for you and perhaps want scholarships as they can't afford college for you and want you to go to college. The A's would give you a better chance to get scholarships. Your parents love you.

Perhaps you should talk to your parents. If you think you did our best, let them know how you feel and if you are hurt or feel you can't please them no matter what you do. But be sure that it is the best you can do.

Good luck to you all.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's asinine. If you are trying your hardest and are getting good grades like that, then you have nothing to worry about. You need to sit down and tell your parents how you feel and if that doesn't work, go to your guidence councelor at school and maybe he/she can have a talk with your parents.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dude were asian
    my parents do that too.
    Your just gonna have to get better grades.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well it depends, Usually parents want the best for you....

But I say the grades are fine as long as they dont drop to
    a C D or F...

Downloads
    Uploads
    i think those are good grades i mean as long as u tried ur hardest y should it matter. u know wat i want to know? why do some parents complain about there children not getting strait A's? If they tried their hardest shouldn't that count for some thing? in fact i had a friend back in 5th grade when ever she didn't get an " A" on something her parents yelled at her. it just doesn't make any sense. i can understand if they want to see u do good in school but complaining about u not getting strait A's that's ridiculous. i think a "C" or higher is a good grade. good luck with that grade thing i hope ur parents will understand

Downloads
    Uploads
    I always got A's and was asked where the pluses were, so you're not alone.

They obviously think you are capable of better and want you to succeed.

If B's are the best you can do (and they aren't bad), let them know you've done everything you can. If you could put those B's into A's, do it. It's better in the long run anyways.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My parents say I could do better. Let me guess, you have asian parents? It's typical, they push you to your limits.

Downloads
    Uploads
    it depends on what pecenteges your school is going by. I think that if you are getting above and 80% that you are doing well. I get about the same grades as you except a little better, my parents say that they are happy with the grades i get but then they tell me that they wish i would try harder. it is totally normal for your parents to rail on you about grades. by the way a B is really good comparitivly. Cs are average, but not very good. Your school is probably harder than the school they went to and you might mention to them that schools have gotten progressively harder, so you are taking harder classes and thus your grades might not meet their expectations.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast