Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can I be evicted if I complain about a very strong smell that was coming

from my next door? The smell was of paint thinners I thought but when I went over to ask about the smell,they called my landlord and they told me I was getting "my papers "the next day.Can landlords do this ?All I did was ask what the strong smell was.My daughter was sick from it so I called the fire dept. to find out why the smell was so strong.They told me that the landlord was using gas in with the paint to make the paint last longer.About an hour later,the landlords were at my door and now I have to move because I had the fire dept involved because I complained.Can I be evicted for this?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why on earth would you call the fire department. That's were you went wrong. I guess they can kick you out if that's they want. I would be concerned about them using the gas myself though. But I'll never figure out why people call the fire department for everything. Someone farts in the hallway. Oh no, i fell sick to my stomach have to call fire department before I hurl. Makes you a trouble maker and that's why they want you gone

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Kit look thats sounds bloody silly ay, even if you did complain about it you do have the right to tell the twit landlord to get rid of the smell.
    I would suggest that you never let anyone like this walk over you but you can go about it in a legal way.
    Im not sure what the laws are like over there in America, but America's law system has similarities with the wider world and Australia.
    There should be a tenants and gaylords(sorry that offends decent gay people) tribunal where you can get a free trial or hearing where you simply state your case but come prepared, for one- the landlord has the responsibility to provide a safe environment for you to live. This was not provided as thinners are only ment to be used in an open air area not in doors in lage amounts as it is dangerous to your fams health, you may also state any other obligations he has missed or not provided.
    I suggest Kit that you need to be an Arin brocoli haha not quite but go to a local community centre where you can get free advice on housing,acommodation ect. there should be places like that over there where you get free advice and help.
    What i have been learning myself lately is to not take crap from people who act or seem to be an authority cause there are not.There is always a legal way to get around arsholes like this and more.
    Maybe if you ever get the chance i would suggest learn more about and legal situations you may encounter and get advice and help from community centres and workers but only the nice ones.
    But yeah this does not sound legal, althougth you may be better to get out of a situation like that although i understand it's not easy to find places and it can be a hassle.
    You have to stand up for you and your family now Kit no more trusting other dickheads or relying on anyone but you, just like it's sounds like you been doing.
    You desrve a better life and yes it is out there and you dont have to be rich, just use your smarts and learn from these places who give advice like in each community there are all sorts of free resources that we are not really told about we have to find them out by asking the people in the system.
    Sorry i couldnt be helpful with this particular messed up thing hey waut he cant even kick you out that soon isnt it more like a month hu.
    Get advice from community services,doctors,police,nurses should be able to tell you the nearest one, learn your wrights with everything you need to know and stand up for yourself. research sounds silly and you say where do i have the time but trus this you have troubles look up your rights so you can defend yourself and your fam. Let the tribunal know your son has access there and it is impossible to relocate in such a short time go to tribunal if its low cost or free you have rights, also consider talking to a real estate agent they can give you free inside advice.
    So yeah Kit no more of the same routine of letting people walk over you be proud do whats right ask people in the church for advice if you go and yeah you have the right to be equel like anyone. You would be amazed if you knew what your entitled to if you know relevant area of the law and you can know what your legally allowed.
    Be strong, it's ok to cry but lift your head dont let wankers push you around but dont fight dirty like they do. fight the right way.
    Or you can just move to Australia it's a better place we are all lazy bums here and everything basic is free even medical help apparently some poor American people loose there frigen houses just to get treated for a removable cancer or stay in hospital.
    Good luck friend i will add that one in my pray instead of being more general.

Downloads
    Uploads
    you will be evicted because you called the fire department

the same thing happned to my freind

Downloads
    Uploads
    in my opinion you don't need to live there if you have a landlord that mixes gasoline with paint . you are just lucky to still be alive.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No you can't legally be convicted,however the landlord may try to by lying about you call the EPA or environmental services,the landlord is at fault adding gas to paint is hazardous in the extreme the fumes are highly combustible you were correct to be concerned did the fire marshal come out ?he would have had a fit(provided he was qualified.