Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Should i take my son to the hospital if all he has if a fever of 102-103?...

...hes not complaining of anything else? On thursday my 9 year old son started feeling very weak when he left school. he was very sluggish while walking. he came home and complained of a headache and rested and said it went away. about 2 hrs later he said the headache came back and layed down. when i woke him about an hour later he said he was feeling dizzy and needed to use the wall to walk and hold onto. he went back to sleep and aobut 30 minutes later he again was very weak and had to hold onto stuff to walk and was very tired, he only complained of being dizzy. he had a small fever and went back to sleep for the remainder of the night. the next day he again was very weak and dizzy and missed school. today he woke up saying he was feeling fine and then a while later said he had a pain in his stomach that went away pretty fast. he tells me that he doesnt feel sick but is running a temp of 102-103. What should i do?

my son is telling me today that he feels fine and has no more dizziness! should i take him anyways?

Downloads
    Uploads
    i believe your son needs further investigation such as complete blood count ,or even x-ray to detect the problem.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If the fever isnt responding to Childrens Motrin or Childrens Adivil. Then he needs to go to the Emergency room right away.
    If his temp is down to 100-101 then just keep an eye on him. Give him a cool bath and lots of Fluids i cant stress how important fluids are when a child has a fever. If his pee has any tint of yellow in it. that means hes not intaking enough fluids.
    If his temp spikes above 103 Then you need to get him to the hospitital at 105-106 the internal organs start to cook them selves basically.
    if his temp is 102-103 id still take him to the hospital.
    I cant see him for sure or check his symptoms.
    Hope this helped.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is a job for the emergency room. Fatigue, dizziness, and a high fever are all very bad signs.

EVERYONE IS OVERREACTING
    Wait.... you all are overracting...
    First of all... the emergency room is for serious cases... not mild to moderate fevers
    and dizziness.

Ok... I'll tell you about fever.

Fever is not a disease it is a symptom... it means his body is fighting back something internally. In all realtiy fevers are benifical (they kill of bacteria and viruses but creating an unsuitable enviroment for those them.) You should only treat a fever if its discomforting.
    Also... fevers are rarely something to be worried about, its the other symptoms that poss a concern, such as rash, unconsiousness, histeria... other things like that need to be treated, your son probably just had the flu... and unless he's having breathing troubles... you shouldn't be concerned... if a fever goes on for more than 2-3 days... you should go to the doctor and get a dignosis... if not.. then don't worry, but don't waste the ERs time.

The only time a fever is serious: one word, hyperpyrexia.

Hyperpyrexia is very serious, its when a preson has a fever of anything about
    104.9 or so. Some common diseases like the flu could casue a fever of 104... in which
    case you should attented to them of course... but! something like 105 is very serious...
    and could be the result of potentially deadly viruses like pnemonia or other serious conditions like seritonen syndrome.

Whatever the case.... a fever of 102... with no strange behaviour... and dizziness... is probably just the flu... just make an appoitment with the doctor and get him checked up on... don't freak out and take him to the ER... it will be embarrsing for you and possibly frightening for your child.

Don't worry ok... ^_^

(I realize the issue has probably been resolved long ago... but... I wanted to write this
    for other parents who might read this in concern.)