Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Should I complain to the post office if the mail man refused to bring my...

...package up to my apartment? I live in a secured apartment building and the mail man called from downstairs saying he has package for me. I told him to bring it upstairs and he refused. He said it would be too long of a walk. So he left a notice in my box for me to pick it up from the post office. Can the mailman get in trouble for doing this? Should I file a complaint?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mailmen are on a very tight schedule and have a lot of deliveries. Also, they are not paid to be your personal slaves and bring the package directly to you. If there was no designated place to drop it off in a common area, they have to leave you a note to pick it up at the post office. They are often not allowed on private property. There could be a number of reasons he didn't bring you the package.

Respect post men.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am guessing your letter box is down stairs and he couldn't get the package in that so that is why he called you and asked you to come down.
    Why should he walk up to you, he could of left the package on the floor as it couldn't fit into your letter box so he wasn't doing anything wrong.

You can report him but i think you will get nowhere with it. He is delivering mail he is not your slave!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, you should file a complaint to the post office and complain about the mail man refusing to bring up your package. That is his job.