Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Should i complain to the manager about my unrespectable roommate(s), who

once threatened me to punch me...? Since the day i moved in both roommates (total of four people) have been making my life just complicated... they r very possessive and do not allow/like having other poeples stuff around. like these one things i hanged, one roommate got them off without telling me and then later i put them back up thinking they just took it off with a logical reason. i was wrong, they took them off only because they didnt like it and thought it was "gay." i tried to speak to them about this and other issues, they seem to "agree" at first and later "forget." it has been two times since they have brought friends over that have used my stuff like towels, brush, and dishes (when i told them several times not to use them). the first time it happened we discussed about it, i guess they didnt care cause it happened again. and this one time she tried to boss me around, making me clean the dishes, i confronted her and it turned into a big fight between all of us. the conversation did help in a way as the roommates were less comanding. but recently one roommates is looking for trouble as she "made" her best friend use my things and is constantly making these threatening jokes as if saying "ha, coward you fear me." and not to mention this one time when she did threaten me saying that she'll punch me at the throat cause she was all mad... So, do you think if i told the manager all this she will do something about it, if so what? the one roommate who is supposibly on my side, does not want to complain along with me cause she is afraid of creating "more problems"... do u think she is right? im not sure what else i could do if talking to them was not enough. im thinking of locking my stuff as this will prevent them from getting my stuff. but im afraid that the one roommate who is trying to pick a physical fight with me will continue to threaten me again and again.... untill she actually hurts me. Do you know what the manager might say to me? i cant move out, i only have enough money for this affordable place.
    this is not a place were i nead proper writingg/lectures from peoples like u... if u want to lecture poeple bee a teacheer for goodnesssss sakes! but thanx for da answer;
    for da word unrespectable, it does exist, perhaps u should go back to school? lol

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/unrespectable

Downloads
    Uploads
    Like Justg said, there is no point in telling the manager about your problems. Best bet is to move out and not haven't any contact with all 3 of them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not reading that wall of text without proper paragraphs, so I will just answer your initial question.

First some corrections. It's not "unrespectable", that's not even a word. It's "disrespectful". Plus, "threatened ME to punch ME", what does that even mean?

Do one of three things:
    -Move out.
    -Kick them out.
    -Call the police if they assault you.

Your apartment manager is not your referee, they don't want to hear this crap.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Some times i have seen that complaining the things make it worst.So they seems to be having minor things with you (if we think on their side)but you do not like it.There are now two possibilities either to shift or to make friendship with them and never complain to them but adjust with their nature then with in a month time you will find lot of change in the atmosphere.How to make friendship now depends on day to day basis either praise to others or gift them or cooperate with them.Actually they have considered you friend but you have not because of their openness.They know they will not do punch type but it is small reaction of your mood to them.I hope you understand and also for long term point of view it is better to do friendship with them it will hardly cost you any thing.Except for few time smallness for time being.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The manager is not your babysitter. If you have problems with your roommates, you need to work things out yourself. If you are threatened...call the police.