Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Screaming, naked child!?

My neighbor has this 4-5 year old boy that runs around our cul-de-sac in his underwear and he is ALWAYS screaming. No one can enjoy sitting on their patio. When he comes out, we all go inside. He is nothing but underwear, and bare feet. Everytime I hear him scream I jump because I think he's being hurt or taken. You would swear it was a miracle this kid hasn't lost his voice yet. I tried napping today but he screamed for nearly half an hour. What can we do? we can't enjoy our time outside and it's so hard to enjoy it inside. When I get home from work he's screaming, who wants to hear that?

Junior Member poprocks_and_coke's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would consider calling Family and Children Services because this child is obviously not being properly supervised. Another option would be to call the police with the noise complaint (you may want to look into noise laws/restrictions in your area first).

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I'd be calling social services. This sounds like the parents are neglecting his needs and well being to let him do this. Cul de Sac or not, he could be hit by a car. People fly down cul de sacs to turn around and don't always look the way they should.
    Also, like the previous poster said, you don't know if he is hurt or not when it starts and a phone call to the police or other authorities to come investigate may do the trick when they explain to mom and dad why it's not permissible.
    As a neighborhood in general you may find a way to band together and approach the parents first about this obnoxious situation with several of you going to represent the neighborhood as a whole to request that it is stopped before taking other drastic measures. Let the parents know that it is disrupting your peace and quiet and that it worries everyone in the neighborhood for his safety and well being. If it continues, then call the authorities to come deal with it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    hit the little fucker in the head and tell him to shut the hell up