...the Situation? I took an expensive tour that was limited to 8 people on a golf cart. We were getting a close up view of the animals at the Wild Animal Park and it lasted 50 minutes. What should have been fun was 50 minutes of torture. Why? What had looked like a cute angelic 3 yr old before the tour became a screaming beast once on the golf cart. For most of the 50 minutes she screamed, screeched, kicked the back of my seat trying to escape her mother's grasp and run around and play. None of us could hear the tour guide. Others were givng her mother looks of death, and finally she slapped the child on the leg and the nonsense stopped. At that point there was only 4 or 5 minutes left of the tour. I'll admit I did offer to drop her and the child into the lion enclosure. Giving looks of death and jokingly making a comment about the lion enclosure weren't effective. The tour guide wasn't about to do anything about it. What course of action would you suggest? I did ask for and receive a free replacement tour, but how would you handle the situation WHILE IT WAS OCCURRING?

And no, I do not hate kids by any means. I raised my own, but I never have let either of them get by with that kind of behavior. I taught them and expected them to be considerate of others. When they were too young to do that I didn't take them into situations like this.