Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Remember when people complained that Republicans were "buying" elections?

That people like Romney and Thompson and Giuliani were spending millions and millions and millions of dollars trying to buy people's votes? And that's just in this election. Republicans have always been "big spenders", and Democrats have always complained about it.

So, why no outrage when Barack Obama outspends John McCain 4 to 1 on television ads? Isn't Obama "buying the election"? Shouldn't he have kept his word to limit himself to public funds (and public spending limits) like McCain did?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Obama's buying the election is actually far more devious then that. He's going to take your money and give it to others in exchange for votes. That's buying elections!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I voted for Obama. I want Obama to win because I believe in his program.

However, I agree with you on the first part of your question. Yes, Obama will win mainly because he has more money to invest in the campaign. This time it is in my favor, but it's still unfair.

The size of your wallet shouldn't be the key to your success in becoming a president. Most of us don't even know the names of the other candidates for the election just cause they don't have as much money.

Unbelievably unfair system!!!