I have been suffering for a long time with the constant dread of the trauma of labour and it's not because I'm pregnant or likely to become pregnant. I have been having counselling for trauma I have had all my life due to being cut off and locked away from my mum and dad in a room when I was 3 and then sexually abused by my brother in the same room. It's caused huge problems for me and I although I try to get healing and move away from past hurt and have a counsellor IT DOESN'T HELP when I read things such as I read on the internet about a woman in childbirth giving primal scream. From reading about primal therapy a primal scream can only really describe a scream from a person reliving terrible childhood traumas, and terrible though labour is for some women I can't believe that the pain of being neglected and sexually abused when you are an innocent defenceless child can be compared to this. At the time of reading the article the woman wrote I didn't know primal scream had to refer to trauma from a childhood state, I just thought it meant a real loud gutteral scream where you let yourself go physically which didn't upset me that much as it didn't seem to suggest the scream of someone with the most intense emotional agony of a child or someone with the most terrible broken heart and madness such as you see in the painting of Munch's. But after reading what primal scream is supposed to refer to I got in a rage and looked again on the internet and found this article http://naturalpregnancyproject.com/natural-child-birth-stories-unassisted-home-birth-precipitous-labor/ where although the woman has a very short labour and doesn't even seem to be really traumatised or talking about it as horrific as some women I read have, but when her waters broke she put down This was the most raw primal scream that could ever come out of a person. I wanted to e mail her to say how can she compare her pain to crying out from horrific childhood tramas, I have at times screamed not from physical pain but from the sheer pressure I felt from the chaos of the trauma inside, and I feel absolutely ENRAGED that she can compare her pain which didn't even seem to leave much in the way of emotional pain afterwards from her following blogs, to mine which has damaged me so much from very early in my life. Can someone please tell me what makes people use the term primal scream when it doesn't seem to have any link to the scream people cry when reliving traumas from childhood? Are they meaning their pain feels the same, this is what makes me feel like tearing my hair out and cutting and burning myself. Please tell me the proper use of this term and what people are supposed to use it for.