Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pro-choicers: Are you arguing the scientists and medical experts?

It's been established that it's a scientific fact that life begins at conception.

Do you deny that?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Source citation please. Oh and mind your own uterus. If you get cancer don't you dare get chemotherapy. That tumor has a right to life.

Downloads
    Uploads
    sperm and eggs are alive too. So "life" begins before conception. But it's not a person until it can live outside the womb.

I think we need MUCH better sex education and birth control education as well. Then we won't have to worry so much about abortion. In the meantime, legal abortion is the only way to help ensure that all women have the same choices available. That less affluent women don't get butchered while wealthier women can pay as much as they need to for a "medically necessary" D and C. wink wink.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Certainly when the sperm an egg combine it creates a separate entity. My response is "so what?" I do not consider the fetus a person. You do. That is a task for philosophers (and politicians and judges) not for scientists. We don't need a scientist to say that the fetus is a separate life any more than we need an expert to say that tape worms are separate lives.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Its also a scientific fact that your skin cells are alive too, but you dont freak out everytime someone skins their knee, do you?

And is conception the moment a sperm enters the egg, or is it when the egg is implanted in the uterine wall? What if it is implanted in the fallopian tube? Do you think that is a life that needs to go to completion regardless of the health of the mother?

You really dont understant science, medicine, OR morality, do you?

Junior Member fUTUREtRILLIONAIRE's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    there's a thing called ADOPTION. give your new born kid to an adoption center but u might think what if a cruel family gets him/her. it's a 50/50 chance but at least don't kill the fetus. give it life, not death.
    just for f*cks sake say u want your baby back because you have overcome your fears and neglect. maybe if u want to track down where your baby went u can go get him/her. remember, it's your BIOLOGICAL baby, not theirs, so it'll be a pretty good chance that you'll get the baby back. but also, there's a part where that baby of yours doesn't want to come back because he/she was raised by a good family, but if it was a bad family, he/she will probably wants to coem back in your life but he/she will get mad at you for not raising it, but you have to be bale to reason with him/her.
    u might think what if the baby comes out disfunctioned or mentally retarded??? well, you'll never know until the baby is born.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally I'm pro choice because I think it would be better that a child not be born, then to be born to someone who didn't want them. It sounds cruel, but its the cold, hard truth. Its sad, and I understand that, but if someone doesn't have the money, maturity, or ability to care for a child, then they should not have child. Not for their sake, but for the child's sake.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Define life.

Some believe you're alive when you have a heartbeat and brainwaves.

Others believe you are alive after you take your first breath. You can't take a breath with air in your lungs until you are actually born alive.

At conception there is no heart beat and there are no brainwaves. At conception the zygote is literally a bundle of cells multiplying and dividing.

When I was pregnant with my twins I knew that they were "alive" with a heartbeat and brainwaves by the time I found out I was pregnant. That isn't what swayed me to not abort them though. I believe in choice. I evaluated all my choices and in the end, after a lot of contemplating all of my choices (abortion, adoption -opened or closed- or keep and raise them myself), I chose to keep and raise them myself because it was the best choice for ME. However, it's not the right choice for everyone. The thing I think a lot of "pro lifers" fail to realize is that being pro choice, is exactly that - knowing you have choices. It doesn't mean you are pro abortion, but pro CHOICE!

Downloads
    Uploads
    remember.... you can't tell the truth on here, don't open any emails form yahoo because it is a pissed off hypocritical.

Junior Member CutThroattitcht2t's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool.

You can have that "life" within minutes of conception. I'll just remove it from my womb and you are welcome to it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast