who got abused and kept going? here is my question, I had a crappy childhood, I was physically and verbally abused, I was once told "go do us all a favor and kill yourself" all that, and i have a narcissistic for one parent and a 'i'm always the victim' personality for another, they but did an awful job, they didn't give us shit, we all busted our asses off to make ends meet and still do. I have worked every day since i was 15 yrs and i'm 26. But guess what, I made it through my bachelors, my masters, and i just graduated medschool, how come, people get so much sympathy when they say 'i was abused' and all that crap, how about the rest of us who didn't decide to use that as a crutch and made kept going and did our best in life? how come we get no recognition? I mean don't get me wrong, I still get flash backs, and there are certain things i am still traumatized about, but the reason i bring this up? I am study and on a daily basis i deal with mental abuse and i was just wondering, how come society doesn't cut us a break but if you complain about you do? I mean I still have nights where i cry for no reason, but i took all the negative and made it positive. I just don't get it, I mean, y doesn't anyone care about us? how we are doing? how we did and y we keep going? I do not mean to disrespect anyone who has gone through abuse, I have and I understand, I have gotten the shit beat out of me for doing nothing, for being a kid, I am just saying for once, I would like some recognition from society. It's enough that my only support system is myself....