I'm 21 and at home for the summer from uni. Earlier tonight my father came downstairs and saw there were a few dishes that needed to be done and completely flipped. He started shouting at everything and then made a big deal because I didn't know it was raining and had left the washing on the line.

After he fights with me and my younger sister, he goes upstairs and starts a fight with my mother. She is going away on Tuesday for a month and he told her not to bother coming back. I'm really worried about their arguing all the time as he has a heart problem and my mother is disabled.

Their arguing has a huge effect on me and my younger sister. I wish I didn't have to be home for the summer and I wish I could do something for my sister as well, but I can't. Every time they argue I feel hugely sick and just want to cry.

Does anyone have any tips for me? Its getting harder and harder to stay out of their arguments, but I do not like to hear him tell her not to come home. I try to talk to them but they do not seem to hear.