Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Our lab is 10yrs. with no evident med. problems, BUT when a dog whines and pants...

...is there something wrong? She's been doing this for the last 3 months or so, but outside of that she seems fine. She eats well, pees well and sleeps well. Should we worry?

Junior Member JulielBYBsarescumt's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With a dog that is in double figures, it is always best to be on the safe side. Whining and panting often indicate distress. Please see your vet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    All dogs pant and whine. Unless she does it excessively, and randomly for no reason, I wouldn't worry too much. However, take her to the vet. If something is wrong, you will find out, if nothing is wrong then you can go on without worrying! =] Good luck with this.

Downloads
    Uploads
    maybe she thinks you dont care for her right or well.try going to the vet for a checkup

Downloads
    Uploads
    My pit bull has been doing the same thing. I think it may be some aches and pains, arthritis maybe. My dog is 14 years old. I don't think you have to worry. As long as she's eating and doesn't have any diarrhea or anything.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any change in behavior should be a concern. Your dog is now a senior so a senior check up should be done to include a complete blood panel and urinalysis.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A 10 year old large breed dog is about 70 or so. I suggest not taking any chances with your senior Lab. Get her into the vet for a senior wellness checkup.

My 11 year old Lab goes twice a year. Last checkup we found his liver is going. So I know what to expect and when it is time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, either that or your not giving her enough attention, Your not giving her enough love, she's lonely, or she is pregnant. If she's is pregnant, congratulations!