Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Our dog saw neighbor's dog hit & killed by car,now whining/barking 24/7, didn't

even like this other dog.HELP? We were in our driveway getting ready to take a walk when a car hit our neighbor's dog (they did not have him on a leash). The dog was clearly not going to make it, very gruesome scene for all to see. Since the accident, our dog who did not even like this dog has whined/moaned to be let outside, has not slept and is not eating. Our regular vet is on vacation and the sub said he'll be fine, give it time. I personally need some sleep, being kept up all night is killing me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    well you may not like my answer but hey its worth a shot.
    do you really truly love your dog?
    otherwise get rid of it.
    just playing

look if you really think about it, its all apart of life no matter how gruesome the death was,
    death will always play its part in life and anything after that, people, or in this case, animals, will look upon that and grow from that experience, some of you who would read this will probably think its just a dog that died but in reality every single being on this planet has some sort of spiritual conscious that makes all powerful beings.
    You have a special connection to that animal and thats called friendship and it would do him/her(the Dog) well if you connected more with it. Try and pass on the value of life.
    My point is, clearly that dog is being bothered by that experience or perhaps something related to that, but regardless he does need your help and even if you are no vet I feel that a genuine friend would come in better than someone with a license.

Sorry i threw in all that spiritual stuff in i just thought it might be of some help.
    maybe....

Downloads
    Uploads
    thats like if you saw a person get hit by a car a die right in front of your eyes wouldn't you feel terrible. Comfort him there is nothing you can really do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Try taking him to a diferent vet.

Hope this helped!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you transferring your feelings on to him? The vet may be saying/thinking that.