Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is she breastfeeding? You didn't mention feeding, could she be hungry? She should still be eating every few hours at 4 months.

Try swaddling her up tight. White noise may also help.

It's normal to wake a lot at this stage, due to development stuff and teething. What happens if you bring her to bed with you? Soothing her and helping her back to sleep is much better than letting her cry alone, but if she cries even when you hold her try not to worry. Some babies need to cry a little, this is not the same as leaving them alone to cry until they make themselves sick. It's not biologically normal for babies to sleep through the night completely until they are 2 or so, so don't feel like you are bad parents. You will probably get phases of good nights and phases of not-so-good nights.

Try to get some help around the house and sleep when she sleeps until this stage is over. Good luck! It will get better, I promise.

Downloads
    Uploads

Our 4 month old baby wakes up screaming every hour every night?

When our baby was about 2 months old, she started sleeping through the night with no problem at all.
    She was happy, went to sleep easily and woke up smiling every morning around 6 - 7am.
    Then at around 3 months she started waking up a lot during the night.
    We moved her from her moses basket to a travel cot and then to her cot in the nursery during this time and during the day she was really happy with the new surroundings, but at night it was the same pattern..
    Sleep for an hour, wake up, we put her dummy back and reassure her, sleep for another hour, wake up.....
    More recently when she's been waking up, rather than just wimpering, she is starting to cry and scream until we go and settle her.
    Im not even sure how awake she is as her eyes are often closed and we seem to settle her just by stroking her and putting her dummy back and she quietens down really easily.

But last night, it was every half hour, and she would scream and scream until we went and calmed her, sometimes with her dummy, sometimes just soothing her, but it doesnt last and she soon screams again...

I guess we're just not sure what to do...
    She is suffering a bit with colic and reflux and she is heavily teething (I think shes in the wars a little bit!) so Im not sure if its that that's bothering her, but we give her various things to sooth them, none of which make any difference at night.

I've read about night terrors, but they seem a little more extreme than what she is currently displaying, I hope....

Could it be separation anxiety? Teething? Bad dreams? Bad parenting??

We are running on empty, getting about 1 hours solid sleep every night and kinda need to break the cycle somehow...

Help?!!
    Sorry, I forgot to mention feeding.

She has been formula fed from about 4 weeks old and over the last week we have started weening her onto solids which now that we've found a flavour she's happy with she absolutely loves.

She didnt take to being swaddled at all. We tried it when she was younger and that by itself would cause her a fair amount of distress.

She slept with us for the first couple of weeks as she didnt like her moses basket and now, during the day or early in the morning, she will happily sleep with us with no problem at all.
    But I think we just worry that by using that as a solution it is perhaps causing more harm than good and we need to start encouraging her to sleep alone.