Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

one month old screaming for hours while trying to have a bowel movement?

The entire time my child has been alive (only one month) she screams for atleast 4 hours straight one to two times a day. During her screaming sessions she stiffens her body and cries (tears roll down her face). She was switched to Prosobe Soy Milk at age 2 weeks. She seems to be a little better - the first screaming sessios were 7 hours. She is not constipated, her bowel movements are soft like peanut butter. My little sister had seizures as a newborn and I remember her acting the same way, but she would stop breathing. My child does not stop breathing but I KNOW this is not normal. I have went to 2 pediatricians. The first one said that babies cry. The second one said that she has colic. Colic babies cry when they are awake. She ONLY cries while trying to poop. I know there is something wrong. I have been able to observe other children throughout my life and this was never the case when they were having a bowel movement. ANY suggestions?

Downloads
    Uploads
    My son also went through this and it does sound like colic. I switched my son to Parents choice brand (gentle) my son became a new baby just after taking it for a couple of days. I know they dont recomend this but, I did what ever I could so my baby would stop suffering his ped. also ignored me and said that hes just a cry baby. I hope this helps.