Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Okay, I need to vent..?

My boyfriend and I have been together for a little over a year, hes 21 Im 23. We both live with our parents. My dads a cop. and strict so theres no sleepovers allowed lol so im over his house most of the time sleeping there.. he has a very large room big screen TV couch. Its nice. But im starting to go crazy!! i sleep there all the time, his bed sucks by the way i have a bad back 4 days out of the month whatever and we fight over the TV alll the time, like i would just love to just walk out of the room and go into a different room to watch TV when he puts on his sports which is ALL he watches Every single day of his life. but i cant. were trapped in this room together and im starting to go insane i just wish i could speed up the process in getting our own place but until the end of the summer its not gonna happen. He barely comes over. i stay home sometimes and i love my bed and my room and my TV but he cant sleep over he leaves late at night and he complains when he has work in the AM and doesnt want to drive. But i miss him and want to live with him and im always sleeping at his house and i feel like im starting to lose myself! like i feel like i dont have a home!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the real issue here is that you feel like you're losing yourself, right? And I'm not sure it has anything to do with geography. It sounds to me like your boyfriend is more interested in watching sports on his TV than maintaining a healthy relationship. You feel safe in your room, your bed, and with your TV. Therefore, my suggestion to you is to return to your room, your bed and your TV until you decide whether or not this relationship you're in is worth salvaging!

Good luck!

Downloads
    Uploads
    If he's never inconvenienced by missing you, he'll never step out of his comfort zone. It's obviously accepted that he's there, so why make a change?