Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

ok...one more question! Will a child with an ear infection also complain her

eye hurts? My daughter who was diagnosed with an ear infection today with 103.5 fever is also keeps rubbing her one eye saying it hurts. Is that common with ear infection?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Chances are the ear infection started from a sinus infection and sinus infections can start from allergies so it is all linked together. Not only will she complain with the ear but her eyes will water, run, burn, hurt and possibly even get puffy.

When my kids get this I take a cool washclothe and let them hold it on their eye and give them some benadryl usually the next morning they are doing better. However since your daughter just seen the doc and is probably on antibiotics for the infection I would call and ask about the Benadryl first.

As another person said it could also be pink eye and if this is the case you will know within 24 hours, the eye will be real red and drainage will be coming from it. For this you will have to get a script from the doctor and be very careful to wash everything that comes into contact with her eye and stay clear of the drainage as it is highly contagious.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There can be a combo of things wrong. She could have a sinus infection with the ear infection and it would be putting pressure on the eye, OR its conjunctivitis (pink eye). If its pink eye the symptoms should show up in the morning. If not then I suggest calling up the doctor and ask what could be causing the discomfort.