Neighbor complains my front foyer and backyard is a mess?
I was minding my own business and cutting the grass. My next door neighbor came to me and first she said

"I have been living here in 12 years, why don't you put some cement on the grass?"

For the record i have been living there for 16 years , no complain..
Well, first i wasn't able to think of a response or the response i was thinking will not be very nice but i manage to say "This is private property".

She said "I know this is private property". She then started complaining about my foyer and backyard. I know it looks like a mess. Well before i can response She pissed me off by saying

"You know this is not back home"? (Since we are Asians, i know exactly what she meant, and it isn't pleasant"

I responded "Are you racist"?

She said No, but continue complain and compare her house with mine>

Well, I told her, "Everyone has their own styles and what they like, I do not have the rights to judge your houses and I do not think you have the rights too"?

She continues yelling and saying she will contact MP, I told her "go ahead my friend"?

(Note: I know my foyer looks like a mess, and my backyard too, if she could have calmly asked me nicely, I would have maybe do something about it, but base on her rude behavior. I was this close to giving her finger)..

Do i do the right thing?
To Bob: Well, maybe the word mess was a little too strong.. It is hard to explain the exact look and feel without a picture..

Basically, the foyer has some plastic cover used to block the snow and rain.. and the side has a big board. It is used for the same thing, it doesn't look good, it is poorly put together, but a mess or garbage.. it isn't.

The backyard, was a unfinished filling of the swimming pool. We did hire a contractor to fill it.. he ran away with the money half done.. one of my family member trusted the wrong person..

Our main concern is money, but mostly my point. my question is asked base on Law.. basically does your neighbor have the right to winning a complaint in this situation.. and especially a rude one.
regarding the swimming pool, we manage to fill it up to the top by ourselves but we never got to the point to put cement on top of it.. It is just too much work or cost too much..
Little Princess: Thanks for correcting me, She does have the right to judge my yards and foyer.. It is true, but complaining and yelling at your neighbor for the reason? I just personally feel it is not right.. She can judge, but she can mention it to me.. It does not look good.. I will accept..

but her actions was
First, Commanding,
2nd Racist
3rd.. Intimating.. (threaten to contact MP, i know they don't care but)..