Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

My son's ASD teacher was listening and watching videos which had the F word Who

do I complain to. I am livid? I found out that she and my son's aide were looking up songs and concert dates in the computer lab and he was the only one there. He is 10 and in special ed. One of the songs was Mother F%^&*# of the year by Motley Crue. I am so livid that it is all I have not to storm into her room and confront her. I want to go about this the right way and would like to know who should I contact first. BTW, part of the video he saw shows the band loading naked women onto a stage. They were not doing this openly but well with in my son's eye and ear shot.

Junior Member paintingtherosesorange's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They deal with mentally challenged kids all day. Cut them some slack. When my big sister (who has severe bipolar) forces me to watch horror movies with her at 2 o'clock in the morning, or drive to a mall a hundred miles away (and only spend three minutes there, because she realizes that it completely sucks, and she hates everything and wants to go home and watch the Little Mermaid in French), or some other random thing she doesn't want to do alone or with another sibling, I have to spend the hour(s) after sitting in the dark of my bedroom closet blasting the Crue on my Ipod and reading Harry Potter before I can face the world again. I know you want the best for your son, and don't want him exposed to things like that (that are hard to explain, and even harder to make him understand), but don't be to hard on them. I think you should confront them directly (and calmly) and say that you don't want your son hearing and seeing those types of videos. They will most likely apologize flusteredly and sincerely, and never do it again. If you get them fired your son might think it was his fault, and you may not be able to talk him out of. You'd just be doing more damage by going to the principle (or whatever). Good luck. You'll probably need it.