Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

My son has an elevated WBC of 18,000. Complains of lower back pain. Anyone know...

...about causes? He runs fevers often, for no apparent reasons. All of the other tests, Urinalysis was fine. No problems with ears, nose or throat. Doctor thinks maybe viral infection, but asks for follow up tomorrow because of white blood cell count of 18,000, and poor appetite. any one dealt with this before that could shed some light on this? Thanks to anyone who can answer. serious replys only please

Doctor doesn't think it is appendicitis, because he doesn't have severe enough pain when he pushes on his tummy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Robin,
    It sounds exactly like prostatitis. It's very common, although most people don't talk about it, so you may not be familiar with it.
    The outlet from the prostate swells along with the rest of the gland, and shuts off. Therefore - a urinalysis will show nothing.
    Check out http://www.prostatitis.org/ for more info. IF this is what it is (IF. it may not be) A doc in the box - even if they get the diagnosis right, will probably prescribe 2 weeks of antibiotics. That's not long enough to get the drugs into the prostate and kill off the germs. He needs a month of antibiotics, hot baths daily to soak, and no caffiene or diuretic drinks. He needs to also check out http://www.fqresearch.org/ . Read it in detail. It's about levaquin and cipro toxicity. It's real. I was a victim myself. It's best to avoid those particular antibiotics. There are other good options.
    By the way - this is not an std. I hadn't dated anyone for a very long time when I had it. I got it from taking decongestants in tandem with a weight lifting supplement containing ephedra, a natural decongestant, and also riding my road bike too much with a seat that wasn't 'prostate friendly'.
    For the record - I suffered for about 2 years and saw 4 doctors before I found one that had any sense, and he cured me for good within the month, simply because he was informed. Others actually scoffed when presented with what I already knew. I've had some fabulous doctors, but I've also met some that shouldn't have been treating a mosquito bite...on a frog.

Good luck
    Kevin

Downloads
    Uploads
    Could also be chronic appendicitis. Ask the doctor what he thinks about that...the pain is not always the classic bellyache in the lower right abdomen...