Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

My son is 8 months. He wakes up screaming. Someone has suggested he's spoiled...

...could that be? I give my son a bath every night at 8. Than we rock him till he goes to sleep. We put him in his crib and then 3-4 hrs later he wakes up screaming so hard he loses his voice for awhile. I pick him up and he cuddles and stops. I put him back in his crib and the screaming starts again. He is showing no sign that his teeth are hurting him and he doesnt have an ear ache. I have to take him back down stairs till he goes back to sleep. He has just started this the past week and before that he went 5 months without waking up throughout the night. I dont know whats wrong with him but I cant let him cry like that. Could it be that he is spoiled? I dont believe that anyone could spoil a baby, but I dont know anymore.

Downloads
    Uploads
    no, it could just be a phase and will soon dissapear. is he eating enough through the day? maybe he is having night terrors or nightmares and just cant tell you...im sure it will pass but if it continues over a week, call your doc...good luck

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think at the age 8 months, that a child doesn't not need to be rocked to sleep. This has in fact made him scream and want to be rocked when he wakes. I suggest placing him in his cot and patting his back for a minute or 2, so he does not fall asleep in your arms.