Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

My son is 5 years old and has been running a fever for over a week and

complaining with his head hurting ? Please help me out what could be wrong with him the dr says strep but didn't do a culture and gave him antibiotics and still running fever please help!!!
    he went to doctor on dec 15th my husband took him then i took him back on the 17th and they said that it was strep and he would still run a fever for 3-5 days with step and now its going on the 7th day?
    he don't have any symptons except burning eyes and fever and head hurting that is all and his throat hbas not even hurt him at all?
    he was already having the same symptoms on mon when my husband took him to dr they thought he had menigitis to start out with but ruled that out so what else sould it be is there a virus going around causing fevers for no known reason?

I am taking him back to dr today and having all kinds of test done on him and when my husband took him he was already complaining with head neck hurting and eyes burning and so my other 2 kids had already had strep within the past month so they just said his throat was red and had strep but they checked him for meningitis and ruled that out and just gave him some antibotics to treat strep throat so when I took him back on Wednesday he still doing the same thing and told them to do a flu test and strep test and they said with him having the flu shot that if it is the flu then he has a mild case but sith strep throat they could run a fever for 3-5 days and to just wait it out so now it is a week and he still has fever so he going back to dr and if dr tells me the same thing then i am finding a new dr
    he started with the fever head hurting he was complaining with neck hurting and eyes burning on monday dec 15th he still has fever head hurting and eyes burning but not the neck any more

Downloads
    Uploads
    Get him another doctor and let him have laboratory check...cbc count and all...it could be dengue.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ok teh best bet with that age child is to bring him back to the hospital man that is the best thing to do no t to fool around on anwsers man

Downloads
    Uploads
    Whoa whoa whoa.... what do you mean burning eyes?

When did he see the Dr. and how long did he have the fever? Are there any other complaints?

OK I know the Dr didn't run a test when you were there but are you sure they didn't when your husband took him in? You can't diagnose strep with out a test and it only takes 8 min to see the results with a rapid strep test.
    Either way it should have run its course with the anti-biotic by now, although there are some strains that are harder to kill and need a different antibiotic. You need to consult your doctor again. Your son is in pain and needs medical attention. You are his advocate, so advocate. If you think there is something wrong, call his DR and be seen again. What is it going to hurt? Certainly not your son. If the head pain is new I would be a bit more concerned. With strep there are very specific symptoms concerning swallowing and joint pain. Call his dr.