I won’t pretend to ignore the circumstantial evidence surrounding Michael Jackson. I have struggled with his actions for a very long time. Chris Rock said it best, “Another kid?” I must admit, that’s what I was thinking. Part of me tends to side with the rationalist. That he was a monster that preyed on small children. Part of me tends to side with the judicial system. That he was never convicted of any crime. As far as I know, Michael has never been charged with anything besides the two allegations that we know of. I know of attorney’s that have three DUI’s and still practicing law in the State of Texas. Go figure right? Right or wrong, Michael Jackson has contributed to our society. That I cannot deny. I cannot deny that 24 people acquitted him of any wrongdoing in two trials. And if you don’t have faith in that then the entire jurisprudence system of America should be questioned. "This is a court of law, young man, not a court of justice." Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Jackson's Billie Jean was the first video by a black artist to air on MTV. Jackson received a Presidential Humanitarian Award from Ronald Reagan in 1984 for his support of charities helping people overcome alcohol and drug abuse. Thriller remains the biggest-selling album since records began. An extensive 1997 survey declared Jackson was the Most Famous Person in the World. Michael Jackson has contributed millions of dollars to charities. Yet, he is not without a darker side. Years of child abuse allegations will taint his legacy. Also, “In 2002, Jacko dangled his newborn son Prince from a four-story balcony in the Adlon Hotel in Berlin. One boy was interviewed as saying that Michael believed that if he had happy thoughts, fairies would give him the pixie dust needed to fly. Everyone knows that Jacko used to be black instead of white. He had many cosmetic operations to change his looks and skin color because he resented that he was starting to look like his father.” [RADDman, 06/2009]

Michael Jackson deserves the unequivocal right to be mentioned amongst the great entertainer’s in the history of mankind. He has never been convicted of a crime. His wealth of music will live long past we are gone. I understand that some may think the worst of him. I can’t dismiss that his life has been surrounded with mystery and innuendo. However, his life as we know it is no more. What we are left with are the facts. The facts are he has never been convicted of any wrongdoing. The facts are he is the most famous person this world has ever seen.

Martin Luther King broke down the legal barriers that minorities faced during that time. Michael Jackson broke down the social barriers that we all faced. Who didn’t wear a single glove back in the day? Michael Jackson literally made it acceptable to be seen in the company of a different race than you. Martin made it legally acceptable but Michael made it socially acceptable. His music crossed racial divides, state divides, country divides and continent divides. Hate him or love him, you can’t deny that Michael Jackson was the leader of the social revolution. Human Nature is my favorite song. It brings back memories of days gone by. Michael Jackson’s music is colorless, genderless, and ageless.

Again, I’m not here to defend or prosecute Michael’s legal issues. I have no idea if Michael did the things that he was accused of. I just know he went through two trials without being convicted of any wrongdoing. With that being said, the man deserves his due respect. His treasure trove of humanity will be with us until the end of time. Five hundred years from now we will be parsing Beethoven and Michael Jacksons music.