Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

My pomeranian puppy won't stop whining!?

So, here's the deal:
    I got a pomeranian JUST today. She was fine, we gave her lots of attention and then she went to go explore around the house & she just keeps on whining! She's SOOO hyper! Never calms down.
    She's 3 1/2 motnsh old.

Am I doing something wrong?

Downloads
    Uploads
    She's a baby and that's what baby puppies do. They also run around like crazy and collapse for a half an hour than start playing.

Having a puppy is a lot of work (wait until she starts crying at 2 am!) for about 9 - 12 months.

There's nothing wrong with realizing you made a mistake and got in over your head - I'd give it a few days, and if you're still stressed out over her behavior, I'd take her back to the breeder or rehome her. She's still young enough.

Downloads
    Uploads
    dont listen to the other person that answered, there an idiot. you just got her, shes in a new home with people she doesnt know, shes scared and uncomfortable, even if she was fine earlier, her anxiety is high. shell adjust soon, shes just gonna be homesick for a few days. as far as pomeranians go, theyre usually one owner dogs, meaning they will find one person out of the family and take to them the most, they are lap dogs and are usually very attention hungry, theyre very dependent, most small breed dogs are. try to expose her to a lot of people as she grows, that way shes not too antisocial and ends up trying to bite everyones ankles that come into your house. also, shes a puppy! shes going to be hyper for at least a couple years before she calms down. you should do your research on an animal your thinking of adopting,before you adopt. small breeds require more attention and care than most other breeds.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, she's a Pomeranian.
    It's in their nature to wine and bark and be extra hyperactive.
    It's horrible noise, isn't it?
    It's okay, just ignore her and in a couple of days she'll learn that whining doesn't get her the attention she wants.

ADD: That's my Pomeranian X Maltese in my display pic looking at the camera.