Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member SCUBAforJesus<SOC>'s Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    wow! eating doesnt make you taller. it makes you wider. take it from me. though i am tall i am also very wide. and my dad is all so 6' 2" and i am 6'3". if you eat like you say then the best you will be is 5'6" and weigh 200 pounds. it is genetics, if they are biological and you arent that horrible A word. adopted. that is the only way they can expect you to grow tall. plus a tall girl is so unattractive. though short girls would be hard for me to kiss.

Downloads
    Uploads

My parents keep on complaining that I'm short (I'm 5'0) and making me eat

more but I don't want to? I'm 14 and 5'0. My parents keep on complaining I'm so short and I won't grow any taller and they are making me eat more than average. Yes I am short but it's not my fault we asians are more on the short side. My parents are short too, my mom's only 5'0" too like me and my dad is 5'5."
    Since 2007 I only grew one inch and my parents are telling me I didn't grow alot because I went on "diets" and started excercising. I was almost overweight back then and I was chubby too so I lost weight and now I'm back to normal. I never really went on diets, I just stopped eating junk food and microwavable stuff.
    Now they keep watching me eat and making me eat more than usual and it's annoying me. I don't wanna go back to my chubby days.

Downloads
    Uploads
    eating isn't going to make you ... it is your genes fault your short so you should balme them for that... and you only 14 you have time to grow a little more

Downloads
    Uploads
    wow, are they trying to make you fat again. just dont eat it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    you are short but why does that matter. i think the average woman is only like 5'3". you being so short if you eat a buttload of food you will gain weight. better start excercising a lot i guess. i cant believe your parents make you eat cause you are to short. its not gonna make you taller. so weird.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Eating won't make you grow. I'm the same height. I'm 15 years old.
    I haven't grown since I was in 5th grade. If your parents are that short chances are you will only be 5'2. :]

Junior Member ShannenShenanigans™'s Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quit eating all that crap.
    Tell them you wanna be YOU and eating won't make you grow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm 14 and Asian too..but I'm 5"4....just drink milk. During school I drink it everday at the cafeteria and eating won't make u chubby only if it's junk

Downloads
    Uploads
    eating more won't make you taller, it'll just make you fat. they confused eating more with getting more calcium. If you're calcium deficient, then there's a possibility that your growth could get stunted. However, I highly doubt that's why you are the height that you are. If you mom is 5' then it's a pretty good assumption that you've reached your maximum height

Downloads
    Uploads
    Height is determined by genetics, but it can be affected by things in your environment. Things like poor diet and smoking can stunt your growth.
    As long as the food your parents are asking you to eat is healthy, it won't make you fat. You should be eating plenty of vegetables, whole grains, lean protein and fruit, and drinking plenty of pure water. This will give you lots of energy for healthy exercise, and will also ensure that you get the nutrition you need to grow to your proper height. Just make good food choices and you don't have to worry about calories.
    If your parents are trying to get you to eat junk food, which I doubt, but if they are, this could make you fat, won't help you grow taller, and actually might stunt your growth, because you wouldn't be getting the nutrition you need. But I doubt that is what is happening.
    If you're eating plenty of healthy food, and not trying to do a low-calorie diet that is unhealthy, and your parents are still giving you a bad time, just remind both of them that if they wanted their children to be tall, they should have married someone tall.
    There's nothing wrong with being short.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast