My mom sometimes gets out of hand when she has had a little to much to drink and gets into arguments with my dad. Like today for example, they had some friends over for a super bowl party and then afterwards, I had to help her and my dad clean the kitchen because they were to drunk to handle it and It was 1:30 am...and I had school the next day. So then my mom starts calling my dad an 'asshole' and 'worthless' and all these really negative things because he's to tired to get up from the couch. Then afterwards she went upstairs, slammed her door to the bedroom and said that 'it's over between me and my dad'.

The thing is though, this has happened MANY times now, it is not the first time. And each time she says, 'it's over'. Only the following morning, things are back to normal and they don't apologize to each other, they just go on as if it was normal and nothing happened. Awhile back, we had a domestic violence problem in which the cops were involved. My dad pushed down my mom and she hit her head, and he punched/shoved me. It got the cops involved, but then nothing happened since I refused to press charges on my father. He is a good man, he was just to drunk and didn't know what he was doing. Trust me, he raised me from when I was five and always gave me love and attention, he is a good person. But back to the point, I don't want my family to continue spouting things like "We are getting divorced" so casually, I want to fix the problem, but I don't know how.....

Any suggestions?