Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

my mom screams at me all the time, and I have no idea why.?

my mom is always yelling at me. she is in nursing school, and we live with her parents. I try not to stress her out because I know she will just get pissed at me, since she is in nursing school, which is really stressful. Mostly I try to stay out of her way and just let her study and do whatever she needs to do. But if one little thing happens, like my room is messy, she will scream at me and tell me I'm a selfish bitch and all I care about it talking to my boyfriend and being lazy. This morning it was raining really hard and I was about to walk to the bus stop, but my mom said "oh, I'll drive you". so I was like, okay. but she took a really long time. she went downstairs and went on the computer, and when I looked at my clock, I realized that the bus came in one minute, and I needed to hurry. she came upstairs at that moment, and drove me to the bus stop, but by the time we got there the bus had left. she was like "this pisses me off!" and she just started yelling at me about how I just expect her to take me anywhere I want, and I don't care about her, and I'm a lazy ass bitch and she won't care if I get into a horrible college (even though I've been doing pretty well in school, I have an 88 average). And she just proceeded to tell me how selfish I am...and then she dropped me off at home, and I, sobbing, slammed the car door and ran inside. I just can't take it anymore. I don't understand what I did wrong. it's not my fault she decided to screw up her life, and she has sex with married guys and thinks we don't know about it. please help!
    thanks for the advice, and as for moving with my dad, I don't really want to because he doesn't want to financially support my sisters and I at all. He is always late on child support and he is always trying to lower his payments. and yeah, last night I stayed up till midnight doing laundry, and maybe I'll take advantage of the fact that I'm not going to school and clean.

well the only person that I talk to about it is my sister and my boyfriend. my boyfriend just tells me not to think about it, and just focus on the fact that I can move out soon. and my sister is the one that told me about the married guys, cause she was reading my mom's text messages I think.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can yell back, you know, if you KNOW that you haven't done anything wrong. Tell her that she's wrong in her convictions.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Can you move in with your Dad or is that not an option? I would work on the things that you already know piss her off like being messy and not cleaning your room. Don't wait on her for the bus, just do it yourself and forget about her.Start being more independent around her and the house. Don't rely on her as much as you have done in the past. Soon, she'll start to see these changes in you by showing her that your responsible and that your not lazy or messy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You could talk to a school counselor and they could probably lead you in the right direction. It's good that you know that none of this is your fault. Sounds like your mom has anger management problems AND a lack of responsibility. It is NEVER ok to talk to your child that way. Maybe if you would speak with a counselor, they could help to get her some help.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just ignore your mother. Keep studying and do well in school. Only answer if she asks you something, and try to be more independent even though it is hard. She will understand what she has done.

Downloads
    Uploads
    oh my god! have u told anybody? and does she actually call u a ****???
    if so u either need to tell somebody or tell her that u can't take it and shes mean to u. that last part really shocked me (about the married guys) u really really need to talk to someone or at least go spend a few nights out of the house and like sorta move in with them for like a week and then go to someone elses house if u really want to stay out of her way if that happend to me i would so move out like go to an aunts house or something but also my mom says that ppl sometimes get upset that their liffe didn't turn out like they wanted to so their cranky alot but really tell someone

Downloads
    Uploads
    1st keep ur grades up this is for ur benefit! clean ur room don't give her a motive to yell at you,walk to bus if possible say to her nicely i can walk thank you speak nicely to her always even if she doesn't if things get out of hand talk to school counselor

Downloads
    Uploads
    I`m so sorry! I`m glad you know it`s not your fault. There is nothing you can do she has to go on medication or something! Hope she realize it.