Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

My kids complain about 3 minute lunches where the principal makes them throw

there food away what do i do? there in elementary

Downloads
    Uploads
    I doubt that the kids have 3 minutes to eat. I'm a teacher in elementary school and my kids have 30 minutes for Kindergarten. 1st through 6th grade has 20 minutes to eat. It is a requirement in Washington that they have so many minutes of lunch. I would definitely call and find out what is going on. I think it's more miscommunication. Lunch turns into a social time and often kiddos talk the whole time instead of eating and they run out of time. I can see the principal trying to get kids to clean up their food before the next group comes into the cafeteria. I tell my kids after 25 minutes to start cleaning up. If something doesn't store well (like a cup of yogurt) they need to throw it away, if it does store well they can put it back into their backpack. Call your elementary, they will help you understand what is going on, and if there is an issue than you can work with the principal or teacher to give your kiddos more time to eat. Be calm when you call and you will be much more likely to get an appointment to talk sooner than later. But also realize when you call the principal most likely he won't be there to talk. Principals don't sit in their offices waiting for phone calls so you'll most likely have to wait for a call back.