Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

my husband complains about how I cut his hair.?

I cut my husbands hair myself. We want to save money. He works in sale. Well it seems like no matter how hard I try its never right. Especially right above the sideburns and above the ears. he likes it really short there and faded back and apparently I never get it right. Today after I did his hair (which looked just fine in my opinion) he got really upset and said when people meet him he has to sell himself first! I understand where he's coming from but I'm trying my best. He says I should research how to cut hair and if I care I would try harder. I think he's just being anal and high maintenance. I'm not a damn hairdresser, should i just give up and take him back to a barber from now on? It was his idea in the first place to cut his hair myself.

you would have scared me hannah except my husband is sitting across the room from me staring at the t.v. nice try.

Downloads
    Uploads
    my mom cuts my hair and she started the same you are now, minus me saying it looks horrible.
    she would watch the hair dresser first then she would try on us.
    take him to the barber and see how they cut it, watch closely, take notes if you want you can even record it on video and watch it until you feel comfortable

Downloads
    Uploads
    hello dear,
    its me YOUR husband. i don't like you flouting out private business on the internet. next time delete browser history if you must . i do like the hair but i just wish you would come to me first instead of yahoo answers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    you could ask him to find a picture of how he wants his hair to look. is there an actor or politician or somebody who has a haircut that he wants to copy? it would help you a lot. if you want to take this on, perhaps a hairdresser can teach you how to cut it. (if so, a small donation would likely be appreciated by the teacher.) or you can suggest he learn to cut his own hair. i've cut mine for over 30 years, long cuts, short cuts, different styles. it can be tricky, but with the use of mirrors and good scissors and LOTS of time and patience, it can be done.

Junior Member WolfGirlmQuileutem's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tell he to shut up and tell him it looks fine

Downloads
    Uploads
    Send him to a barber ... geez, that's a no-brainer.

Yes, there's some art and science to haircutting. That's why hairdressers and barbers go to school and get licensed. It's not as simple as picking up a pair of scissors and having a go.

Tell him to skimp somewhere else. Haircuts aren't the place to do it.