Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Holiday Rant anybody agree?

I just hate the holidays.. bah humbug... Get's old rushing from family to family to get a bunch of crap you dont want after you just spent a fortune buying everyone else $^it they didnt want. Have to deal with zombiefied people crowding stores and highways just to do this... I got my wife some nice stuff a few months ago since I have common sense and don't wait till the last minute. All of this has nothing to do with the actual reason for the holiday, Santa Claus after all has roots in German paganism. Merge this with Saint Nicholas and it's all just a conglomeration to benefit retailers. So anyways... I do try to be thoughtful about my gifts since that is the best you can do to please your loved ones. My wife got me me a "headlamp so she wouldnt have to hold the flashlight for me anymore" " Some pens so I wouldnt steal hers" " some measuring cups so I would stop using hers to make coffee" " and a Manning Colts jersey, yes I like Manning and he's cool, we're from TN after all, but I've been searching in stores for a Notre Dame jersey forever and she knows it, I tried to not show my dissapointment and be cool about it, she of course picked up on it right away. My sister n laws BF said after I left the room for a sec, "what'd he want a ND jersey for, is he catholic or something?" Now today I have to entertain the F*%#head b/c my wife and sister n law are going to see a movie with their gma, aunt. I just hate the holidays, bah humbugh, berate me if you will.. Call me miserable scrooge whatever... Anybody agree with me that this holiday is crap and we should just celebrate it for what it is the birth of christ not all this other crap?

Downloads
    Uploads
    We haven't exchanged presents for years. Now nobody is disappointed or offended.