Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

My dog won't stop whining in his kennel at night?

Well, i have a jack russel terrier who sleeps in our insulated garage (trust me, its a great temperature in there. It's very warm, and just to make sure it stays warm, there's a heater in there. Both dogs have separate kennels, and each has a dog-blanket in there for them to lay on/snuggle into) in his kennel. But he whines all night! Its annoying. I don't know what he wants! He's about a year old, and i have tried EVERYTHING! I've taken him out to the bathroom, given him water, let him out to walk around for a minute, etc, etc. But he won't stop! My mom doesn't like him inside the house, which is why they are both stuck outside in the garage. >:-( ticks me off, but i have to do it because she's my mother.

Why the HECK is he whining? it breaks my heart! But there's not much i can do! I'm at my wits-end here!! Help me!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dogs are pack animals and like to be with you, sometimes when you separate them from you (their Pack) they get lonely, try putting the crate in your room and see if this helps

You should go to a site that I found called bestfriendpetcare.com, this site gives you all the ways to properly crate your pet and how to make sure that they are happy.

My German Shepherd loves her crate and often goes in to lay down when shes tired, scared, or just needs time to herself...it's her little haven and all hers. But she didn't Always like her create, when we first introduced her to her create, there were many tears on both our parts.

Please remember that anytime you dog must spend an extended time in his/her crate to remove their collar so they don't get stuck on the crate and strangle themselves.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a Jack Russell myself. They require plenty of exercise and your dog should be walked for at least 45 minutes before he goes to bed. Why do you have his crate door closed? Leave it open and let him loose in the garage. He doesn't need to be crated in a garage for pete's sake. It's not like he's in some fancy living room right? He's probably lonely. At a year of age he's still just a puppy (i.e. baby). Personally, I would never leave a puppy in a garage away from human companionship, especially at that age. Your Mom needs to learn about dogs. They need to be with people.

Downloads
    Uploads
    probably because he cant stay alone without a human. dogs dont like it you will havto compramise with ur mom to let ur dogs in in the night atleast. or mabey its too hot for them after all dogs hav a coat of fur and putting him in an insulated room with a heater?bad idea.