Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

My dog complains alot when she poops:( can anyone please help me?

I have recently noticed that she cries in pain whenever shes poops. :/ I will take her to the vet really soon but i would like to know if dogs can get constipated?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Her anal gland may need to be expressed by the Vet. She may have an abscess. This is why we see dogs dragging on the carpet or grass on their behinds. They are trying to put pressure on their anal glands to clean them out. These glands are used for leaving their scents for other dogs and mark their territory. It's usually reoccurring and may need to be expressed often. Ask your Vet. Hope this helps.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A constipated dog will be very uncomfortable, and will most likely let you know. Early identification signs are very important for discovering if your dog is suffering from constipation. Most dogs are intelligent enough to give their owners some visible clues that something is wrong.

Possible behavioral signs of constipation in your dog include excessive whining, difficulty walking, and refusal of food. Even though some people may see it as a minor problem, constipation in dogs can lead to hemorrhoids (swollen veins in your dog's rectal area) as well as many other problems. This can be very painful for your pet, and make treatment of this condition much more difficult.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you have a small dog? If so than it's her anal glands that need to be expressed real bad. All dogs have 2 glands on each side of it anal & when they eat a lot : bones, & food w/ grease,etc. The glands fill up real big & it take a groomer or vet to take care it. I have poodles they eat only hard food & every 6wks they need to be taken care of. It's nothing you're doing wrong & yes they can get constipated Also is she rubbing her butt on the carpet a lot? If yes than that's a true sign for the glands, but watch out if it is this--- it's going to stink like all hell. take care of this ASAP this could make an infection & kill the dog =====bring her to the vet please Good Luck --------If she is constipated the vet will tell you I would ---BUT YOU NEED THE VET 1ST TO CHECK THOSE GLANDS BEST OF LUCK If it's the gland it only costs bucks

Junior Member zgziglBYB'stpups4bucks's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes they can. Worms can cause that. Low quality food can cause that. I don't know what you're feeding her, but you need to buy good quality food.

Try giving her a little mineral oil, just a little, that will help her.

Has she been wormed?

I'm not convinced that this is just the food or worms.. Her crying in pain is not a good sign. She should see a vet. I usually don't say that as most dogs don't need a vet for every little thing, but pain while pooping is not a good thing.