Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

My dad is a drunk but he is not abusive he just complains, what can I do????

My dad complains about everything if it isnt done his way he don't like it and my mom is very sweet and nice and he verbally abusives her and sometimes me and she will not kick him out and i cant stand him i hate him and she wont give rid of him cuz he gets diability and she works part time and she is tired everyday and he just gets on her about everything and he is cocky and thinks he can do anything i hate it here please someone give me advice on what i could do cuz i want him gone if he dont go i will what to do people???
    He says he wont stop drinking for nothing not to help me or anything and i dont know what else to do
    He drinks are liquior like kentucky whiskey, beer, vodka just about anything

and no one can get him to get help he says it makes him happy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Video tape him and show it back to him and your mom, and let them see what you have to live with

Downloads
    Uploads
    Every community has a group called Al-Anon. Its for families of alcoholics and concerned people. My mom and I went before my dad quit drinking. It really is a good place to go. You don't have to do anything. You can just sit and listen. You will find you are not alone and get some really good ideas on what to do. You might find out how much you two have become co-dependents and enablers and actually help him think his drinking is ok without you even knowing it. You have to find a way where he will suffer his own consequences alone instead of the two of you. Then and only then will he realize what negative things can, will and do happen.
    Please, walk in to Al-Anon and just listen. They are there to help.