Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

my dachshund keeps whining and crying when she just walks around, does it...

...have to do with her back? Today my dachshung wa fine until I found her trying to go up the stairs and she just stopped and started crying, since then she's been moving around less and barely wants to go anywhere.
    I have to carefully pick her up off the bed onto the floor, hopefully it isn't her back but thats what I think it is..
    She has also gotten into the habit of stretching her hind legs any time she is walking.
    Can someone give me some more advice or information?

I'll have to take her to the vet soon.
    Today my dachshund was fine until I found her trying to go up the stairs and she just stopped and started crying, since then she's been moving around less and barely wants to go anywhere.
    I have to carefully pick her up off the bed onto the floor, hopefully it isn't her back but thats what I think it is..
    She has also gotten into the habit of stretching her hind legs any time she is walking.
    Can someone give me some more advice or information?
    I'll have to take her to the vet soon.

i think her right arm is what hurts, i'm not sure but i'll try to keep her off it, thanks everyone

Downloads
    Uploads
    My grandmother owned a dachshund, Pebbles. From this, I learned Dachshunds are more prone than other dogs to have back problems (think about how long their backs are in contrast to their bodies, in contrast to other dogs'). Most importantly, I learned that Dachshunds should ALWAYS be caried up the stairs...the strain on their lower back is rough, expecially if your stairs are steep. Always make sure that when you hold her, you have an arm holding up her bottom legs, and entire lower half, it is very important, as only supporting her upper-half is also horrible for their backs, but I see it done all of the time. I'm sure you know the latter already, but just incase, I though I'd add it in there. I'd definitally take her to the vet soon; I totally feel your pain in watching one of your babies hurt, and not knowing what to do... one of my family's 5 wk old puppies is sick, and we have to wait until tomorrow to see a vet . I hope your dog gets better soon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This could be anything. i wound say if she came from a dog family that had many bone problums than yes it most likly her back. But some times dogs can pull musles in their legs and cant really walk around with out making a noise. If this keeps on take him or her to the doctor and get an X-ray! just a little help

Junior Member MetroStationLover's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well dashunds can hurt there back very easily! Or she might just have hurt her leg. Kinda feel around and see if it hurts her somewhere. If she continues to do that i would consider you take her to the vet!