Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member metalgearsolid5463's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    To the vet! Again!!

Downloads
    Uploads

my cat is making odd noises (whining like) and is bloated, she is also

looking a bit lethargic? ohk so, last night my cat made random noises like whining during the night she also didn't seem comfortable and kept tossing and turning, and to me it was strange for her to make noises because the only time she meows is when she gets overly excited when i give her food. and i felt she must be in somewhat pain to be whining since last time when she had a burst scent gland she acted normal and i only noticed their was something wrong when i saw it.

so this morning i got worried as her condition didn't improve and she didn't seem to want to move. i rang the vet early in the morning and took her to see what was wrong, when we arrived at the vet clinic and my cat was being examined she suddenly seemed fine (i felt like the vet may have thought i was being over dramatic lol)

anyway so the vet looked over my cat throughly and he said her heart rate and temperature was fine,and she didn't react when he did nerve testing to see if the cat was in pain. and she looked healthy, she also started to purr which he stated if a cat is happy to purr and roll around on the table she was in no pain. he also said that apart from that the thing he did pick up is she had a full bladder ( i asked if it could be an sti) she lives mainly outdoors so i dont know her bathroom habits,

so he prescribed me with some oral painkiller paste as he believed i got the worser end of it if she had been hurt from either a fall or cat fight. just to make sure if she was masking some pain.

so i felt a bit betrayed by my cat at this point for acting fine at the vet clinic lol.

so i got the cat back home and she seemed to be doing ohk. come afternoon i noticed a change she started to act different, so i took her to my room and let her sleep on the bed to get some rest and gave her the painkiller paste. come now night i noticed she has become very bloated and her stomach feels hard and ballooned when i pick her up, she is also breathing a bit more heavily. and started to make the whining noises randomly again. please can someone let me know if i should be concerned i dont want to ring the vet again if its nothing major

she is also doing a bit of twitching on her face
    things you may need to know:
    she is desexed.
    she doesnt normally breathe heavily
    she is usually active ( now has become more sleep orintated)
    her vaccinations are up to date
    she has been wormed recently
    she is still eating.
    she lives mainly outdoors so i do not now her bathroom habits.

PLEASE HELP.
    i would keep her indoors more if i could but i am not even supposed to have a cat i found her as a stray and because we live in a rental i keep it secret, but i also believe a cat shouldn't be confined to indoors for its life span because i am worried about the dangers that would reduce its life span. whats a life living if you cant explore and roam
    thank you for your answers i rang the vet and told him what was going on since we came in to see him that morning and he doesn't feel its life threatening. and if theirs still some concern by morning i can bring the cat back in.

i am going to stay up with the cat all night in case the situation worsens so by all meens if anyone would like to add an opinion be my guest i dont want to miss anything and wound up with no cat because of my vet

Junior Member metalgearsolid5463's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    To the vet! Again!!

Junior Member KialovesherPhillies's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds to me like she has a blockage, possibly kidney stones. A phone call to the vet is free, and most will do a follow up visit for free. You also may want to seek out a second opinion.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, go the vet again. I hope your cat doesn't betray you again! Also, to the dude above, who keeps an animal inside? Weird...

Downloads
    Uploads
    heres a lesson, if your going to have a pet, keep it indoors, they live longer too, by 5 or so years, and you can notice a problem sooner, I think your cat might need more blood work