hi everyone, i got a staff x collie pup last week, shes 8 weeks old and is really good during the day but whenever i put her in the kitchen at night when i come to bed she whines and barks all night, she has loads of toys and all her food and water plus a bowl of puppy milk but she just doesnt let up, ive been told i should leave her to do this as she will learn that i come to let her out in the morning but she is disturbing my neighbours! any advise? we also have a 6 yr old EBT but i dont want to put them in the kitchen together as we;ve only had the puppy for a few days and dont know if its too early to trust them together? hes fine with her during the day but does try to hump her (dont worry hes been done) any advice will be great, thanks
i cant really have her upstairs on a night as my EBT might get jealous, also i have a 21month old daughter who's bedroom is right next to the bathroom which rules out putting her in there too, she already wakes her up as it is being in the kitchen! i have put my EBT in the kitchen to see what happens, so far there has been silence from pup for the last half hour! could be onto a winner although i will be checking on them throughout the night now! we tried a dog crate but pup became extremely distressed and ended up barking the whole night and covering everything in the crate in faeces including her bed and i just couldnt sit back and watch her do that as it seemed cruel. keep suggestions coming though please! and thanks so far for your answers

i have just been down to check on them and my EBT has moved over in his basket and they are snuggled up together, pup notriced me and got out of the basket but i turned the light off and she just got back into bed with my EBT. i think they will be ok tonight, altho i will be checking on them still. my EBT is a good natured dog and he usually grunts if he doesnt like something and hasnt at all since we got pup, so im guessing he likes her!