Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

my 22 months old baby screams when I take him to a hairdresser?how can i cut...

...his hair? he does not stay still and gets very scared from the scissors and the shaving machine....I really do not know how to overcome this problem. Yesterday I could just hold him and we just managed to do a little bit around the back while he yelled and cried.....any experienced mother to give me any advice

Downloads
    Uploads
    take him to where the zohan cuts hair!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had the same issue with one of my boys (age 3). I found that when I take them both to get their hair cut at the same time I have the tough one go second. It gives him a chance to get accostomed to his surroundings and relax. I'll sit him on my lap when he gets his hair cut. Sometimes my dad will come with us and he likes to sit on his lap - it works better some days.

One trick I did find with him - we set a timer. He knows that when the timer goes off he can get out of the chair. We always set the timer for more time than the hairdresser needs and make sure to have it "ding" when she is done so he can get up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Take him to a kids salon. They'll put on a dvd and give him a lollipop and you can hold him.

Downloads
    Uploads
    depending on where you live there may be a snippets nearby or another child hair salon nearby. my son didn't care for getting his hair cut, but he loves the cartoons and entertainment at snippets... he does great there

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you want to do it your self you can buy the silent trimmers. Also if you buy them you could take them to the salon with you and see if they will use them. Worked for me!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I take my son to kiddie salon. He gets to pick a couple toys to play with and sits in a little car. They also turn on his favorite Show. When they finish he gets a lollipop and a balloon. i tried taking him to the salon I used and he was terrified. He cried till he threw up since then we always go to the same kiddie salon and he does terrific.