Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

My 20 month old son screams when we put him in his crib. Cries hysterically for

hours.? we try to just go in and calm him without picking him up,rub his back etc., but he just gets louder.The only thing that stops it is picking him up, which just defeats the purpose. He thinks being in bed with us is time to play, and he would certainly not stay in a toddler bed, so we are baffled as to what to do.It's clearly a tantrum type of thing, but seriously, if we didn't go in, he would go on for more than an hour. I feel like a coldhearted mother for letting him cry as long as I do, and my hubby is a pushover where the baby is concerned . I have to practically sit on him to make him wait! LOL but seriously you guys, please forgive how long this was, and please please help!! Thanks so much!!

no i don't let him cry for hours without going in there. Gosh i'm not a monster. I'm saying that this little sleep dance we are doing goes on and on. i usually wait 5-10 minutes before going in the first time, but whenever we do go in, he just gets louder. sitting with him doesn't work, the only thing that stops the hysterics is getting him out of bed. ok, now i feel like i'm coldhearted

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's what we tried (and succeeded) when our son did the same...

After about 10-15 minutes, we'd go in sit across the room in the rocking chair and pretend to go to sleep. He could see that he wasn't alone, and then got the picture (model) of what he should be doing.

Good luck... every baby's different.