Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

My 11month old yorkie refuses to stop whining, peeing and pooping in the...

...house.. i have tried everything ? I got him from a breeder about 4m ago, and he will sneak into my room and purposely poop and pee all over my bed. I quit letting him sleep in my room the First time he peed in there. So instead he started chewing things up. I bought him a crate and he started sleeping in his crate every night. and all he does is WHINE all night long. Then just recently about a month and a half ago he started peeing and pooping all over it. My fiancee takes him and our chihuahua out every couple hours. My chihuahua is only 6m old, and never has had any behavioral issues like my Yorkie does. He also has never peed or pooped in his kennel. I feed all my pets at the same time EVERY day, and that is at about 6pm. I am almost to the point where im going to get rid of him.. I am 5m pregnant, and I cant be having this dog doing whatever he wants when i have my baby. Not to mention he will poop right in front of me on the floor, not long after i have take him outside.. When he is in his Kennel he will move the puppy piddle pad in there and poop in all of the corners and right in the middle almost like he is doing it just to make me mad. He ALWAYS lays right in his poop after he does it also.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get him to stop this. I wont give him much longer, considering I have put a lot of time into him, and my fiancee and I are both getting VERY irritated with him.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why don't you try keeping him outside all the time, that might teach him a lesson that you are the boss. My shih tzu has a few potty training problems.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yorkie's are known for being very hard to housebreak, they just don't seem to get it. I had a friend who was an example, hers was four years old and barely would hit the potty pads, but refused to wait till she got him outside.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Did you even bother to read up on Yorkshire Terriers prior to buying one?

Out of the ten most difficult dogs to house break, the Yorkshire is number one. Most of them are house broken ENTIRELY by a year and a half to two years old. Now you're stuck with a dog that you're already fed up with because you have no clue on how to care for him. Good job.

The first thing you have to stop doing is comparing him to the other dog. EVERY puppy is individual. What one dog does another may never do, or may do entirely different. You can't compare the two- just like you can't compare children, so stop.

He whines all night long because he's not properly crate trained. You can't toss him in there and expect him to get it. He's urinating and defecating because it relieves stress- so does whining and barking.

Instead of only crating him at night, do it during the day for an hour or two as well. Even if he whines, don't let him out. If you can't handle hearing him whine, crate him in a room with a door and close the door.

This dog is not urinating and defecating on your bed for spite- he's doing it for scent masking. Baby gate or close your room- and it will stop.

He's not defecating on the floor for spite either. He's not house trained. Dogs don't do spiteful things- they're DOGS. They lack that ability.

Instead of taking him outside just to use the bathroom, why not walk him just to walk him? Walking stimulates the bladder and helps him to 'empty' himself. Two or three 20 minute walks per day should empty him entirely.

Overall, if you're already ready to give the poor creature up- you may as well rehome him. What do you expect when you have a child? One who will not poo in its diapers by age two?

Downloads
    Uploads
    take him 2 trainer. they will b able to help. of talk to ur vet 4 advice.