Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

My 1-year old woke up about 8 times last night, crying and screaming, any ideas?

My 1-year-old son woke us up at different times last night, Crying out and kicking and when I tried picking him up he would swat at me, But after rocking him for a few minutes he would go straight back to sleep.
    He wasn't hungry, Or hot or cold.

Today he has a runny nose, I gave him his cold medicine from the doctor and he fell asleep in his swing, when I took him out and laid him down in the bed, He started doing the same thing. He was grunting and whimpering and moving around a lot.

Is it just because he is getting sick? Is it nightmares?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think its nightmares it something they all go through. Try saying ill sleep with you so u can have good dreams or something like that. ANd then leave once they fall asleep.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sometimes the weather change gets to kids. Or maybe even getting colic's. A good therapy is giving some chamomile tea. That help a lot with the colic's, and gases.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sometimes the weather change gets to kids. Or maybe even getting colic's. A good therapy is giving some chamomile tea. That help a lot with the colic's, and gases.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Your son could be sick or even suffering from an ear infection. My best advice to you is to take your son to the doctor and have him checked out. Many young children will be woken in the night because of the pain from ear infections. I would have him seen.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is he having bowl movements ok? Sounds like either nightmares or gas/constipation. Falling in the swing propped up is allowing him to release any gas he may have but laying flat in his crib may be getting his stopped up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Your son could be sick or even suffering from an ear infection. My best advice to you is to take your son to the doctor and have him checked out. Many young children will be woken in the night because of the pain from ear infections. I would have him seen.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    If he is asleep during the whole thing and doesn't wake up upset then it's probably night terrors.

Junior Member AutumnandDylansmom's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    nightmares. pray over your son and his bed.