Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Most people complain about the economy and Bush, did it ever come to mind that...?

the busted times we're in are based upon frivelous spending? People buying homes they simply can't afford, (especially when their ARMs kick in), people getting into credit card debt because now they have to fill their homes with junk, people using "lines of credit" to basically finance their lifestyle. Then, the same people expect LOW prices on everything they buy. Those low prices are only possible when the goods are produced in third world labor markets, hence, jobs lost here! (Check out NAFTA and the WTO and see what kind of roles China and Mexico play.) I know some of you will say it's the war in Iraq, but even if there was no war, how many people have overstepped their "credit" so to speak? Why do you blame Bush for not knowing how to manage your own finances? How many of you can claim that the war in Iraq, or the Bush administration, is responsible for your personal financial losses?

What does inflation have to do with people exaggerating their worth? Yes, the dollar is worth less because the government has basically just printed out some more $$$, but that doesn't change the fact that MANY people spent as much as they were approved for! What does that say about being RESPONSIBLE? Although I don't approve of Bush, it's not his fault! Sure he said to go out and spend, but that didn't mean careless spending! YOU should know better anyway!

Junior Member Bringing The Truth's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It comes down to personal responsibility and that seems to have gone out the window. I'm so sick of the democrats saying, "this isn't OUR fault" while pointing their finger at Bush. It's ridiculous. This is because of regular Americans who wanted to live above their means and greedy brokers and banks made it easy for them. It's because of the greed on their part, greed on Washington AND people in congress past and present. Its a problem we all are going to pay for. I wish people would take responsibility (both parties) and lets move on. I also tired of the dems using this for their political gain.

Downloads
    Uploads
    WOW...The fact that everything is now made in China and we are in this "War on Terra" never would have anything to do with it. Or the fact that there are oil people in the WH who are letting the energy companies get away with murder as well as refusing to give their energy policy meeting minutes out to the public.

NAFTA comes to mind too...

Downloads
    Uploads
    If Democrats could understand what you are talking about they wouldn't be Democrats. Just vote. The only money the government has is tax payer money. If your a tax payer the government is spending your money and probably not as well as you would.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No.
    I agree that personal responsibility is to blame for several financial woes.

However, when we see the government and corporate America getting away with it, then the average joe feels that they can too.

So, the Government should set the example by not borrowing against the future. Perhaps Americans would do the same.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow. I'm sorry but you are seriously misinformed. Have you checked your 401K lately? Have you checked inflation? Governments cause inflation. Did you even know that? Greed is the primary culprit. I remember hearing financial "experts" saying to people don't wait to buy your dream house, buy it now. Don't move up gradually. Don't save for tomorrow. Borrow today and pay tomorrow. You think this kind of thinking doesn't permeate our culture? Who is sending out this message? Who is getting the bail outs? You have so-called experts admitting that they don't understand the problem or what is going on. I heard two say that this morning. I appreciate their honesty but it horrifies me. I worked in the industry so I saw for myself what was going on. It is a key reason I got out when I did. It's immoral and unethical. I'm not even religious. I don't have to hide behind religion.
    I believe living morally and ethically is the right thing to do and leads to peace. I believe in win-win. I'm not out to defraud anyone.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We blame Bush for lying us into an endless quagmire in Iraq instead of paying attention to the economy. Why do you hate America?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with most of what you say, but Bush did start the nation back on the path of what his (brilliant, IMO) father called "Voodoo Economics", which has the effect of devaluing the dollar and also causing interest rates and inflation to spike upward. A weak dollar causes prices of international commodities traded in dollars (e.g. oil) to rise.

Meanwhile, the policy of throwing subsidies to the farm belt as part of the Bush energy policy (pro-corn ethanol) has caused a spike in the price of food. Without a decent plan to keep healthcare expenses in check, many people who never have overextended themselves are on the brink, living from paycheck to paycheck. At the same time, our nation has no rainy day fund. Giving tax cuts that are not matched with cuts in spending is a fundamentally liberal policy.

-EDIT- What does inflation have to do with it? Well, see, most people who do a good job of managing household finances use a BUDGET. They estimate future expenses. Inflation causes an increase in these amounts beyond their control. Meanwhile, salaries and wages remain stagnant. Thus, millions of people who have never mismanaged their household budgets or abused credit end up screwed. If you have to budget and fuel, food, healthcare and education spike, it really is easy to end up in trouble.

Downloads
    Uploads
    After 911 what did Bush tell America to do to help the economy?

Go out and spend.

Most banks did predator lending, and a lot of people didn't understand the terms. Yes - thatis he people's fault, but also the banks fault. Perfect example, I was told I was approved for a home worth 750K for the Bible Belt area. I knew that was way beyond my means, but the bank pushed me hard to go as high as I could. I went half that and don't have to worry, although with gas prices, and private school for kids, and everything else going up - I now cut coupons, don't eat out as often, and watch how I spend my money.

Now, the banks are going under - and our tax money is being wasted on saving private companies rather then people's homes. Bush ruined our economy - like it or not, that is simply the fact of the matter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Amen!!! I keep telling everyone that if they accepted the Bush rebate check, they better give it back before continuing the immature smearing. People spend more than they make - how is that the government's problem? I was watching Sex & the City the other day and it was an episode where Carrie is being evicted from her building. She tells her boyfriend that she can't buy her apartment. She tells him, "I just charged tomatoes, I don't think I'm in a position to buy my apartment." People have been charging their way through life for quite some time. It started before George W. took office. It will keep happening after he's out of office.

rab2344 he didn't say go out and spend more than you make!

Our 401k has suffered in places here and there, but it's steadily making money. It depends on where you put your money. You can move it around ya know.

If it weren't for the media exploiting so many inaccuracies with the Bush administration, people wouldn't be up in arms about the economy right now. Everyone's in a panic because there are so many houses foreclosing. First place they turn is the TV. They turn to see what's being said. We're hearing this and that, but nobody in the media is saying, "most of these homes that are foreclosing are because John Q. Public chose to pay for a cell phone, internet, cable and other expenses, and let his mortgage slide out of control."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast