Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just want too vent, single mother stressed?

I am a single mother with two children and just lost my job. I am frustrated and depressed and wondering were the next meal is coming. I have been looking for a job and nothing yet. I keep thinking that, if I leave my home state and start over somewhere else. Things will be better,or I can just have a new start. I really don't know I'm just confused and stressed out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Firstly, get yourself set up with unemployment. You need whatever you can get to bridge the gap until you find another job. It will probably be more costly to pack up everything and move somewhere else with no actual plan of action. Stay where you are and look into temp agencies and send out as many resumes as possible to increase the odds. Things will get better. Today may be bleak, but you never know what may happen tomorrow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with what the other two gals have said.
    All I'll add is this:
    Don't make decsions that will affect your life and that og your children while you are in such an emotional state of mind, work out the pros and cons first.
    You can get through this. You are a single mother, that means that you must have come through some tough times before this, and you will continue to go through times in the future. Just think about the lessons you are teaching your kids, ones that will last them a lifetime! They will one day be able to say "We didn't have a lot of anything but mum's love"
    Make use of all the agencies that are available to you in your country, food stamps, benefits, free hand outs, whatever. And just remember that there is no harm in asking for help, it takes a very strong person to do so today!
    And at the end of the day, there is always someone who is worse off than you...sad but true.

Good Luck to you